View Single Post
Old 18-02-2020, 08:41 PM   #16
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Default Re: Shortage of truck drivers in Australia?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty351 View Post
Bent, what would happen if you called worksafe? I see this as a safety issue on so many levels.
The work load would suddenly thin out and casual employee's would be no longer needed.
I've seen around a dozen drivers if not more come and go in the 20 months I've been with them.
Don't get me wrong they're nice people and im happy to work for them, but that doesn't change the fact that they're hiding behind COR legislation to avoid prosecution whilst leaving the threat of redundancy over the heads of anyone who dares to upset the apple cart and that my friend is a snap shot of what is going on within the industry and who you see more and more 'new Australian's' behind the wheel of those heavy vehicles beside and behind you in traffic.

Im actually one of the lucky ones to be honest Although I regularly drive the oldest and highest km vehicle in the fleet, im probably the only one who doesn't need to flag issues on my checks ro ever go In need of mechanical repairs and I put that down to the mechanical sympathy that I treat my vehicle with and that comes about because im a 'car guy' and treat it how i'd treat my own, whereas, to many drivers who go from one to another on a regular basis, its just another day for another dollar.
I do it because I love being behind the wheel, the money is a bonus.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: