View Single Post
Old 04-06-2022, 07:07 PM   #207
jimmo
Starter Motor

Default Re: AU V8 models: Basic questions answered!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoosha View Post
They all should have but it would appear some may have missed out . the confusion with the AU S2 220s is that it was a at cost option ($1200 from memory) in the later S2s not standard as some think , I ordered mine new in september for a late october to early november delivery , I was then informed in the second week of september that the 220 would be available as a option as it would soon be the standard motor for the S3.So we can only assume none were available before this date. the late S2s also came standard with side skirts, colour coded mirrors also a at cost option of the Rebel/race bodykit or the standard body kit these were both later optional on the S3..the 220 motor was fitted with a oil cooler as std. far as the utes go we tryed to get the 220 fitted to them but even with inside help had no luck myself and 5 other work mates and 2 family members all brought these cars at the same time so I can only asumme these are the facts. But as with most things thats not to say there were no exceptions to the rule. I still have all the original purchase order and options folder put away some ware .
Gidday, I realise this is an old as thread, but I'm hoping somebody can advise me on a related issue. I'm looking at buying an AU3 Forte V8 Sedan that the seller claims has a "Tickford" engine in it. I have my doubts and suspect that if it does, it wasn't factory fitted. It has a signature plate on the passenger side rocker cover though?? (I thought they were on the driver's side). Can anyone say if there was a 185/200/220 engine option available for a Forte in the AU3 series sedan? Can you tell a Tickford engine by its engine number? Also, its got a live axle rear, but I'm also wondering if IRS would've been mandatory with a V8 option? Cheers, Jimmo..
jimmo is offline   Reply With Quote