View Single Post
Old 08-05-2020, 10:35 AM   #3157
Rambunctious

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Disable parking bays.

People are always complaining about people using disable parking bays without a permit, but here in Qld on the Sunny Coast my pet hate is people (usually old farts) using the disable bays when they don't need to due to plenty of other bays available.

eg I drive into a beach parking area in quiet time (pre covid 19) and I am the only car in an area with 22 normal parks and 2 disable bays, and I park where I always do close to the road in a standard bay.

In comes an old fart with his lady and goes straight into the disable bay even though there are 21 standard bays available, why ? because he can, it's his right, but of course should the standard bays fill up then that is one disabled bay no longer avalable

But here is the cruncher, they get out of their car, walk past me across the crossing and 300 metres down the road to the restaurants.

Same happens in the shopping centres.

A lot of these people only get the permits after a stay in hospital for whatever reason and most walk better than me.

How about the Chiropractor who had a heart job then attached the permit to his Harley Davidson so he could park close to the bakery when collecting his daily cream bun.
I knew him.
Rambunctious is offline   Reply With Quote