View Single Post
Old 26-05-2013, 02:31 PM   #82
Romulus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 30% increase in Ford models here. What are they?

I'm of the firm opinion all levels of government are to blame for the demise of Ford's production in Australia, and the likely demise of Holden and Toyota in the near future. There has been no directive from the Federal Government down to state, local, shire and government departments to support local manufacturers. At any stage over the last 10 years the Federal government could have legislated that any government department or agency must look at purchasing a local product before an imported product, save and except where no local product is available.

With all this talk of free trade and competition, our government is ignoring what governments overseas are doing, that is, supporting their local industry over foreign industries. Ford Australia exported around 100 Territories to Thailand yet we import thousands of Rangers from Thailand. Where's the balance? The US government mandates local industry must be supported before foreign industries, yet in Australia we have heads of government departments buying every model of motor vehicle other than Falcon and Territory. What is it a Subaru Outback or Forrester does that a Territory AWD diesel can't?

It's this lack of patriotism and " I don't give a stuff because it doesn't affect me" attitude that will lead to the demise of the automotive industry in this country.......
3 users like this post: