View Single Post
Old 17-11-2014, 11:37 AM   #20
kypez
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Default Re: FPV GTF Prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEMI POWER View Post
A GT is a GT.Most who own the fpv ones have an old one aswell.I own both love both of them but its the old i really enjoy, the noise the way you have to drive these beasts is something else.As mentioned just like the classic GT's the fpv's that will fetch money or be collectables will be the GT40, GT cobra, Rspecs, maybe the boss 302 specs and the GTf.Same argument can be said about the classics.Its always the HO's and the RPO's that will always demand the best return.
Yes but you cant buy them now new. I appreciate that you like them and love driving them! I can appreciate the cars but would I spend my money on an old GT, NEVER! They just dont appeal to me as a car I'd like to drive. But thats my opinion.

And I've driven those old cars and I tell you they are better suited to live on the wall of my place as a poster or model car. I did not enjoy my experience and it broke my heart as I always dreamt of owing such a car. Truth be told, sometimes the fantasy is better than the real thing.

So people like you will keep the old GT prices high and people like me will keep the demand up for newer GT's.

There is always a lot of negativity around modern GT's (and I'm not saying you're subscribing to it) but it gets tiring. Should no manufacturer build any car they did in the past cause they will never be what the old car was? Falcon nameplate should have retired in the 80's when it was dominating cause ever since then (bar EF) they have lost ground.
kypez is offline   Reply With Quote