View Single Post
Old 19-05-2019, 07:10 PM   #58
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

Default Re: Today's election

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_BA2003 View Post
I'm somewhat of a low income earner under (Sub $50k PA) an EBA and union member. I live in a strong labor area so naturally wanted Labor to win.... would have made bargaining much easier, still not sure if I would have ended up worse with labors stance on emissions and the environment....

However if I had been an investor, or had a couple of houses I just couldn't vote Labor. I can see why people stayed with the coalition. Shorten made it into a class debate and it seemed to backfire.
^^ I was at a election party last night. The ages ranged from mid-40s to late 70s. It was in Glebe, Sydney, a progressive / Green stronghold.

There were no tears last night when the ALP went down - just quiet looks of relief, much the look you exchange when a drunk and argumentative family member finally leaves your dinner party and goes home. It was an unusual situation for me - no-one wanted to argue about the result.

I think this speaks volumes

ps - Summer Hill Primary still has a lot of work to do on the sausages (non-partisan comment )
FairmontGS is offline   Reply With Quote
5 users like this post: