View Single Post
Old 29-01-2015, 11:20 AM   #70
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: $700-a-year increase running an airconditioner & snap price rises of as much as 15,000 %

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo View Post
they have the smartmeter software ability to turn hot water systems on and off by suburb to balance loads across the network in Melbourne.

I know they do because I have an ombudsman case to have that featuret removed from my premises.

Basically they boost my solar hot water system on weekends, in the middle of the day...BUT...I said what if the sun is shining??

DUHHH...was the response.

It would be a simple extension of that system nonetheless.

this would be a way of doing it but in todays modern world I truly think that would drive many to go "off grid".

folks work hard and earn decent money now, much to the chagrin of the upper echelons, the unwashed now want parity with the blue bloods, damn their hides.

solar/generators are cheap now, would be an easy thing to tell the powers that be to "stick your lines where the sun don't shine".

mess with my air-con and I'm gone, I'm one step away (batteries) from being self sufficient, only my power credit holding me to the moguls.

I do remember a few "trials" that never went anywhere and I don't think they ever will, folks are just too damn savvy now,

oh! for the good old Whitlam days when people were more docile, compliant and simply did as they were blooming well told.

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: