View Single Post
Old 09-08-2018, 05:16 PM   #67
creative
I am Batman

Default Re: Does Anyone Here Fly Drones??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratmick View Post
Received and installed the M9 and M9R gimbals today.

I didn't actually think they'd make much difference but they do...and I haven't worked out why yet.

I've been whizzing around the various tracks on FPVFreerider and found even on the easiest track it was hard to be stable enough close to the ground to make it through the gates...and the gates are huge.

Using the easy 'The Meadow' track I was lucky to make it around once, even on lower rates and auto-levelling.

I just made it round five and a half times until I hit a gate

Pincher or thumber?

The M9r has a shorter throw which means you have less movement for the same amount of resolution. It allows you to reach full deflection with minimal finger movement. The gimbals themselves are alot smoother which also helps with accuracy.

Up until Frsky came out with the M9 hall effect gimbals the go to set were the Aurora gimbals. Still very mechanical but the components were better made which translated to a better quality gimbal and feel. The issue with the Aurora's was availability. You could only get them maybe once or twice a year. I have a Taranis here with them in but never used them as the M9's came out before I received them ( took 8 months to get mine!)

one day I may use that radio and fly them but I just prefer the M9r and M9's!
Rebuilt Boss260 with #Kellogs 1500hp forged and balanced crank#Manley forged flattop pistons with a 9.5/1cr#4340 forged h-beam rods with arp bolts#Clevit performance rod and main bearings#full ARP headstud kit#total seal rings#Mantic twin plate development clutch and lightened flywheel#Mellings uprated oil pump#Mainforce Performance Supercharger kit#AU motorsport 345mm big brake kit.

Now producing 369.7rwkw/496rwhp@6000 and 515ft/lb torque @ 11 psi.
Now sat on an engine stand going nowhere

Last edited by creative; 09-08-2018 at 05:28 PM.
creative is offline   Reply With Quote