View Single Post
Old 20-02-2022, 03:10 PM   #134
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

Default Re: WQ Fiesta Options not available in Oz

Just popping in quickly to say that over christmas I re-engineered my Auto Climate control mounts and gears and have integrated that range-limit on the Output Blend Door actuator in a similar fashion to the OEM setup. After some lab testing, it solved my problem - but on to the next one - which is, exactly what position does the blend door need to be in to provide air at the right output? The outputs being Face, Feet and Demist. I mapped out the OEM auto climate settings with the factory gears, and it puts the blend door in a slightly different position to the manual-dial. I've had a bit of a scour of the Workshop Manual to see if there are any clues there, but it's not of any help. So it looks like I need to set this up near or near enough to get it to work.

The next step is to do a test fit in the test car. The biggest things to check are the clearance to the dashboard cross-brace beam, and to make sure the Dashboard skin itself can be lowered over the box without too much interference from the actuators due to some non-interference constraints in how I attach things to the heater box.

Lukeyson