View Single Post
Old 01-07-2015, 06:35 PM   #9
5tumpy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: 2009 MB Mondeo Oil Pressure Switch Faulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik View Post
you never know, sometimes a part you might think to be hugely expensive may turn out to be a fairly good price, the scary bit might be what is involved labor wise in fitting the bugger..
just had a look at pommy parts on ebay similar engine but smaller ??.... but for fiesta/fusion tdci .... 89 pounds , dunno what the $$$ conversion is , perhaps like temperature farenheit /celcius ..... double it and add 30 (ford probably wont be that cheap) + all your oils and any other bits and pieces needed + labor to do the job. .
good luck any way.
Just heard back from the mechanic... It's about 4.5-5 hours labour to do it... All up with oil etc they quoted me $900-1000 for the job... The worst part is they can't fit me in until next week, so I'm without a car until next Wednesday, maybe Tuesday if I'm lucky...

FML is all I can say... This is the worst timing too... Just had to ring my boss and explain it all to him and ask for a week off at 1 day's notice... If not, I'm going to have to leave my wife and daughter and live with my parents for a week... Sigh...
5tumpy is offline   Reply With Quote