View Single Post
Old 31-07-2019, 08:27 PM   #36
smoo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Buick 3800 V6 the BEST engine ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coo View Post
Before I switched to the Territory, I had a VP, VS, VT and VY.

VP and VS were company cars replaced at 100,000 ish
VS at 170, VY at 270.

They had absolutely minimal maintenance on them. Fluids, brakes, battery. The VY had a radiator (my fault), and replacement power steering pipes due to a shudder under warranty.

Regardless of whether you're talking Aussie built Ford or Holden, I beleive both are strong and reliable cars. I've had to replace the German build Barina at 130 and about to replace the Korean Getz at 140. The getz is becoming unreliable and the Barina simply died and wasn't worth repairing.

I have no idea what to get and the only choice is really Japanese.

It's saddening that we have lost our manufacturing industry based on some dumb desicions over the $ exchange rate...... when right now, if they kept them, they would be enjoying the reversal and we'd be a cheap but high quality manufacturer again.
In the future, and probably today, people who have had years of good service out of the normal Commodores and Falcons are going to look back thinking how we took for granted the longevity, ease of service, readily available cheap parts, economy, and reliability of the 4.0 and 3.8.
Especially when most people will have switched to DPF equipped diesels and high pressure direct injected turbo petrol cars that have eye watering diagnostic, repair, parts costs.

Im on a Holden buy & sell page and the bogans who try to offload their buggered VN-VY Commodores always make mention they have Buick V6 in them, as if that is some prestigious selling point
smoo is offline   Reply With Quote
6 users like this post: