View Single Post
Old 04-08-2007, 08:08 PM   #61
sly
Sly like a G6

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTOR
OK sounds like you guys have different rules down there, up here the engineer doesn't do the emissions or sound testing the epa does.
Bit confused by this... your profile says you're in Sydney, I'm in Newcastle. But yeah, the engineer can't do the drive cycle test for emissions, it would have to go to Sydney. That's what attracted me to the CAPA kits in the first place, they are supposedly EPA tested on a standard car for emissions. For the sound testing, the engineer said it would have to pass a static test, but I didn't clarify whether he would do that himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTOR
Thats the best solution mate, im not trying to give you a hard time i'm just giving you the issues that myself and my mates have had. Each state is different so best to check the rules where your from as they do differ from state to state.
That's why I'm here. I want to find out all the gotchas before I start so I can
minimise the hassles later on, thanks for taking the time to pass on the issues you know about.

BTW do you know what an EPA emissions test costs? I'd be interested in this kit if it and testing came in cheaper than CAPA's kit. I've heard that in Vic they charge $15K to test emissions?
The Frankenfalcon... AU1.5 Wagon, BA brakes, AU2 booster, BA2 XR6T engine, stock from airbox to turbo, 8psi/98 octane tune 240RWKW, BF XR6T cat, quiet 3" zorst, Pex BSO660 & BSO439 mufflers, 84 db, built BTR box, 3.08 LSD, Emer SVI LPG, AU1 XR8 alloys, Momo wheel, JVC KDR746BT head unit, Aerpro steering wheel control wiring.

Sleeper, anyone?
sly is offline   Reply With Quote