View Single Post
Old 03-08-2019, 08:48 AM   #3424
Mowdit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: All things Solar (merged threads)

Hi all,
I've come back to this thread due to circumstances.

Micro Inverter Systems, they can be great, and are sold as an all in one solution, this is not the case !
FYI, the panel and inverter are considered to be seperate (with seperate manufacturer's) for warranty purposes.

I first noticed my system wasn't performing properly at just over the 2 year mark, so I contacted the manufacturer (Tindo Solar who also claim they warranty the system) who promptly duck shoved me back to the installer (who did a #hit job originally), so I persisted and was again passed off to the micro inverter manufacturer who didn't want to know either........
So I installed led lighting and updated appliances to cut my energy use.

Fast forward another 2 years and only 1 panel out of 20 now functions reasonably ! (15 don't even register now ).
As the installer has gone under Tindo are now responsible, yet since notifying them 4 months have passed, a sparky did show to test the system for 1 hour, yes the system is faulty but they didn't actually test the inverters(on the roof), so still nothing fixed....
As they have to prove the inverter is faulty, then lodge a claim via the inverter manufacturer...
You would think they would bring out 20 spares on the day so they can change the faulty units and back charge, saving 2-4 visits.....

Turns out the early batches of inverters installed during manufacture were problematic (yet like Ford they weren't proactive to fix a problem).

So check your production weekly, or monthly, and make sure who is actually responsible for the inverters.
This user likes this post: