View Single Post
Old 03-08-2019, 10:58 AM   #3425
AlanD
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: All things Solar (merged threads)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowdit View Post
Hi all,

Turns out the early batches of inverters installed during manufacture were problematic (yet like Ford they weren't proactive to fix a problem).

So check your production weekly, or monthly, and make sure who is actually responsible for the inverters.
Hi Mowdit,

Thanks for your Thanks

Now you may know this, but I'll provide it any way.

Over the years I have had a number of occasions to go "Head to Head" with suppliers of faulty devices/equipment. Early on I realised that phones and emails are useless for practical purposes and you need to go into print - this oftentimes poses a problem about finding an address and the name of the senior person in a company.

Normally inverters are sold with a warranty that is often 5 years and you are four years (apparently) into that period.

I would be writing the CEO of the company that supplied the equipment (Tildo?) and inform them that you require resolution of the problem under the guarantee terms as well as the "fit for purpose" parts of Australian consumer law. Also indicate a date by which you want resolution completed. Keep a copy of the letter and send it by registered mail. Indicate that failure to provide a resolution satisfactory to you will result in getting both the ACCC and your state's consumer affairs people involved in the matter. I have, on a few occasions said that I will, if no satisfactory response is provided, instruct my solicitor to commence proceedings via the courts (in Victoria where I live this would be VCAT) and a part of the claim would be for out of pocket damages ie legal expenses and costs associated with obtaining satisfaction - but if you do this be prepared to carry out the advice and this will involve some expense to do initially.

If you have them, a copy of your original invoice showing the date of installation together with a copy of the guarantee terms showing the period of the guarantee to establish that you are inside that period helps.

Generally I will give a company a chance to resolve a matter by email or phone just the one time then I go down the path I have described. I can say I have not had a circumstance where my problem has not been resolved at this point.

Good luck - thanks for the information about micro inverters.

Cheers

Our Drive: Mondeo
MD TDCi Titanium Wagon
Ruby Red

AlanD is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: