View Single Post
Old 02-09-2019, 03:33 PM   #19
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Default Re: Powertrain options

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Smith View Post
While I accept your points with respect to commercial vehicles carrying loads, I'm thinking more the urban suv, like our case, wife might drive into the CBD 3 times a week, one way it's 18km, on a hybrid it would probably run electric the whole way so no petrol used at all, then when "I" get into it on the weekend I have 300kW..

edit.. I need to seek help, I think I've watched every video on the Lincoln Aviator and now the hybrid reviews are coming out...
Well the Ford SUV's will eventually all have a hybrid option. They have already stated they want just about every vehicle they make to have one in the range. And we are starting to see that now. Escape Hybrid has already been revealed and is coming here. Mustang Hybrid has already been talked about. Plus they did that video on the all electric F150 towing that train.

Give it a few years and they will be more readily available. As you point out, hybrids may make petrol motors more appealing and may eventually replace diesels. But then again, they can do diesel hybrids too.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote