View Single Post
Old 22-01-2019, 06:06 PM   #32
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

Default Re: WQ Fiesta XR4/ST150 with Mazda SP25 engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8falcons View Post
Interesting.. I'm leaning towards a mps 6spd gearbox LSD conversion for my xr4/st150... at the moment due to clutch issues, seems to have a answered a few questions.. On gearbox line ups.. Just need to sort out drive shafts and linkages..
Will be following this thread..
Hey there. I'd be interested in hearing more about this. What are your actual plans?

The Mazda 3 MPS is the FWD Tranny which I can see you using - the A26MR. I see that transmission also in the Turbo Diesel Mazda 6. The Diesel MZR-CD engine, however, is based on the earlier Mazda F engines and is not a bell housing match for the L/Duratec. Pity. We had Diesel Mazda 6's from all the way back to the first GG model. I see some forums with MX6/626 owners fawning over possibilities with this high-torque transmission.

The Mazda 6 MPS A26MX-R has the AWD take off - boy would I love to see you take that one on with a rear diff in a WP/WQ Fiesta and tell me how it's done! CX-7 has this tranny as well.

There are a litany of manual and auto transmissions for the Mazda 3 and Mazda 6. I have no idea what's what yet. Of the manuals I see G35M-R, G36M-R, A65M-R, G66M-R - PLUS the A26 variants. Some 5 speed, some 6 speed. Some with reverse syncro. Some 2 shaft, some 3 shaft. Some may not even be found in Oz since we never saw the V6 models. Too confusing.

Lukeyson