View Single Post
Old 23-12-2022, 10:40 AM   #515
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Default Re: KIA - Would you buy one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTE217 View Post
I think KIA did a great job on looking to fill the hole but imo came too late.
As mentioned many V8 devotees moved on - be it SUV's/performance or otherwise, Tradies went to Thai specials OR even bought another aussie V8 last of/collecter OR 1/2/3yrs older for another weekender having the Thai special.
On the other hand myself for eg, I just couldn't bring myself to buy the Stinger no matter how good a owner raves on about it and could buy new few years ago and now.
I passed on my daily 4x4 hilux to one of the sons and bought a very low k 330i BM wagon around the Stinger money instead.
Not looking back I just can't see a KIA in my fleet but for the Mrs's.

Nah Bossxr8 the amount of CClass MB sedans, BMer sedans 3/4/5series Audis is quite surprising in my travels round Sydney.
There's a motza of them they are still grabbing their numbers especially MB/BM despite the bucket load of their own SUV's.
Even seeing more new wagons of both recently that caught my eye.
Depends what ticks your box's when spotting on the road I guess.
Sure SUV's are the go to for a number of years now but there is still life in the medium segment.
Just comes down what the bean counter will say amongst any of the OE sedan builders.
Makes sense those platforms integrating to SUV anyway as occurs, just make sure offering performance models in the meantime.
The C class and 3 series are still going ok. But it’s telling that their numbers globally are dropping off, while GLC and X3 outsell them and continue to grow.

Sedans are dropping off globally, the numbers show this clearly. Just because you see them around doesn’t change that fact.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: