View Single Post
Old 25-07-2018, 10:39 AM   #75
DK30RB

Default Re: Would it be worth trading my FPV GT in on a new Mustang?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypez View Post
I test drove the Mustang...

First, the soundtrack... Is positively delicious! The V8 sounds amazing! How I wish a Sprint or FPV sounded like that!

Fit and finish is light years ahead of the Falcon. The dash is fantastic as well. Recaro seats are great but even the standard ones are good (carried over from the 17). The interior materials are great soft touch plastics as well. Much better than the 2015 and better than our Sprint.

To the drive, it's much more supple when compared to the Sprint 6/GTF. I drove the manual and the clutch friction point was a little higher than I'd have liked but so be it. Seating position is good as well. The different modes were real (not a gimmick) and you can really hear the change in exhaust note in the different modes. Unfortunately, you can't go to Race mode to enjoy the soundtrack and keep your stability control on. Bit sad about that but it's plenty loud in Sports... (but you know it can be better)

Now to what I didn't enjoy. The steering was unnecessarily heavy. The suspension, while supple, wasn't that great (sporty) but good nonetheless.

Biggest issues was the acceleration. I've got too addicted to forced induction! The in gear acceleration left me wanting... It was a bit sad. The note was great but the acceleration in gear was dull.

Finally, whilst the back seats were not really useful, the annoying thing was that they don't automatically slide forward. It's a painful process of manually pushing the button electric button forward.

It just didn't tick enough boxes to warrant the swap of the Sprint.
FYI - you can select any exhaust mode in any drive mode. ie. Normal mode will full traction control on etc and have the exhaust in track mode.

Steering mode can also me changed in any mode from comfort, normal to sport.

You can have Sport mode drive, with comfort steering and Track exhaust. Any combination you like.
DK30RB is offline   Reply With Quote