View Single Post
Old 25-07-2018, 11:00 AM   #78
DK30RB

Default Re: Would it be worth trading my FPV GT in on a new Mustang?

I think what you need to consider is that the last generation Falcons and FPV models were purchased by all the die hard ford fans who remember Falcon for what it used to be. Most of us are pushing over 40. We grew up with GT's on the road or parked in the driveway - I bought my XR8 because i've always owned a falcon and my Dad always owned a falcon. I've had 9 of them. We do indeed see them through rose coloured glasses.

I bought mine for sentimental reasons and i think most of the die hard fans also keep theirs for sentimental reasons.

However.......Take a look at the younger generation now....The ones that could be potential buyers for your falcon in 20 or 30 years. They simply don't care. To them its an old outdated discontinued relic.

My boys are a classic example (10 and 8), I've had a falcon since before they were born, at some point 2 falcons. They love cars and they love the XR8...but...there is no excitement about it - they don't talk about it with their friends because none of them know what it is. On the other hand when i got the mustang, as soon as they boys told their friends i got one, they were all lined up at the school gate to see it.

The future buyers...today... don't care about falcon, most won't even remember it. This will keep values down.

I'm keeping mine for sentimental reasons, but i'm under no illusion that it will be worth anything in 20 or 30 years from now..

Test drive a mustang and then decide which you enjoy more. Life is short, do whatever makes you happy. No one here can tell you what to do. They best thing you can do is switch off your PC and make your own opinion on what is better for you after driving them both back to back.

Right now if i had to pick one i would take my mustang over my Xr8 any day of the week.
DK30RB is offline   Reply With Quote
9 users like this post: