View Single Post
Old 25-05-2018, 09:33 PM   #421
BENT_8
BLUE OVAL INC.

Default Re: The Camping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by prydey View Post
didn't realise you had a van. thought you just had the camper trailer.
Yeah, funny story actually.

My eldest lad moved out of home last year to live with his girlfriend and we kept his room empty until we thought things were serious.
When that time came we asked him if he was settled and if he was happy to let his younger Brother have it to which he said yes.
We have a 4bdrm home and with 3 kids remaining at home they then had their own room.
A month later he split up with the girlfriend and came home tail between legs begging for his room back.
As you can imagine, it would have caused WW3 so we had him stay with his Grandparents for a month whilst we worked out what to do.
He was going to rent a flat until i suggested a Van in the driveway and free rent so long as he doubled up on the repayments so it still had good value when paid off.
He could only get a loan for $13k as he has his car loan to keep and for $13k you couldn't get much never mind something with A/C so i said we'd go him halves and use it when we wanted to go away.
We went looking around in the 20k range and found a real nice 98 Roadstar poptop at the Camp agent on Pt Wakefield Rd however they refused to throw an anderson plug on my wagon in the deal after we agreed to pay retail for the van so we moved on.
Later that day we found a 19' 2000 model Roadstar Voyager full van in immaculate condition, they wanted 22k for it and after telling them the trouble we had at the other mob they knocked 3.5k off on the spot and agreed to fit a battery and charger and weight distribution hitch in the price so we bought it.
Then they appologised when we picked it up as it hadnt been washed as they couldn't get reliable detailers so i said you just found one and i picked up work with them.
I also travel all around the state picking up vans we buy and consignments, in the past 2 weeks i've been to Pt Wakefield, Gawler, Pt Augusta, Strathalbyn and Port Willunga.
Its only part time but suits me fine and when they saw the quality of my work they upped the hourly rate by $3 on my first day.
2 days later i landed my retired Mother inlaw a job with them detailing the interiors.
People regularly comment on the vans and suggest they are the best presented vans in Adelaide, cant ask for more than that..lol

I wont advertise the yards name on here but if you ever need anything done to yours let me know and ill see what i can do for you, our mechanic is a whiz and a wealth of knowledge.

Not a great pic, but all i have at the moment.
https://imgur.com/uDJlzPW

Last edited by BENT_8; 25-05-2018 at 09:43 PM.
BENT_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: