View Single Post
Old 18-07-2018, 07:25 PM   #423
prydey
Rob

Default Re: The Camping Thread

headed back to our favourite little camping spot on the weekend just gone.

Naracoorte caves national park.

We did end up doing a few caves as well, but the main appeal of the campground in the national park is the fact that its very quiet, and a great place to just kick back and unwind.

If you need more than nature and the odd bushwalk to keep you entertained, then this place isn't for you.

there are only 13 powered sites and a big grassed area for tenting plus a shower and toilet block. we had the whole place to ourselves, which isn't unusual. its also our 3rd visit there. loved it so much when we started camping in 2016 we have made it a yearly thing.

some pics

just leaving. we were in the site behind us

looking the other way. like I said, a small campground with not much else.

the company

the set up

the obligatory fire

and a couple of cave pics

just on the caves, whilst they are fascinating, we found them quite expensive. also, when I asked if I needed scuba gear, it looked like they'd heard it quite a few times already

quite cold overnight and only just getting in to double figures in the day, but still, as long as you went prepared, which we did, the weather was pretty good. walking is much more enjoyable in cooler conditions anyway I find, as you don't get all hot and sweaty and don't have to continually brush away flies.

weather turned south on pack up day, and so we had to pack up in the rain. of course, as soon as we'd finished, the rain stopped and some blue sky appeared. once on the road, the blue sky was short lived and we ended up with some of the worst weather I've ever driven in. high wind, debris and rain so heavy at times visibility was down to less than 100m. I believe parts of Adelaide also suffered from the same storm system as it made its way across the state and down to the south east where we were coming from.
prydey is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: