View Single Post
Old 17-09-2018, 06:50 PM   #449
prydey
Rob

Default Re: The Camping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinksta View Post

And prydey that's what we are thinking size wise, thanks for the links. If we go the fridge route I'm not sure what we would get. But it's all good ideas for now!
Not sure how it would go running a fridge. As an experiment, before we used it the first time, I fully charged it and then plugged my korr led strip light in, which is rated at 0.6amp draw, and left it on until it went flat, to see how long it would last. It went for about 22 hours from memory. So that was enough to run a light for about 4 hours each night and keep devices charged.

I bought a cheap ebay power bank that was supposed to be 20000mah, but it lasted about 2 phone charges. No idea how they claim what they do. I've heard other stories of people buying some of the cheaper ebay stuff and being more than happy with it.

Another option is a small AGM battery, in a battery box. That's quite expensive (the boxes are almost as dear as the batteries), but they will run a fridge and can be topped up with solar.

If you are planning on sticking with tenting or even upgrading to a camper trailer, it will be a good investment as it can all be used for many years.