View Single Post
Old 29-05-2007, 09:15 AM   #363
grantm
AU-2 SW LPG

Default AU-2 problems I have fixed

1. Heater pipe tube at the back of the water pump leaking. This I think was a design fault, the steel heater pipe tube that comes out of the back of the water pump only had an Oring to seal it. I went to ford to get another Oring and they said they had a fix for that and sold me an Oring and a small bush to fit in the tube/water pump to positively locate it, ie give it some mechanical strength. This worked well and only cost about $3, although took me about 5 hours to do the whole job .(remove radiator, water pump etc clean everything new gaskets, then reinstall)

2. Misfiring and explosion under hood, blew off the air cleaner, fixed by replacing the crappy motorcraft plug leads with bosch hellicoil wound ones $70.

3. My car is dedicated gas and was really hard to start when cold, fixed by cleaning the main LPG solenoid just above the gas in line. Remove the plunger and clean all the wax off it with carby cleaner, cost $4 for a spray can of carby cleaner. I am still rapped about this fix as it was a real pain in the **** and thanks to "injected 250's " advice it starts first go every time.

No other problems other than changing oil, filter, plugs, auto trans oil, brake-fluid, battery, air cleaner and radiator coolant. When I bought the car I said "well thats the end of fixing it yourself" as it all looked a bit too complicated, everything computer controlled, but I haven't had to take it to a mechanic yet.
grantm is offline   Reply With Quote