View Single Post
Old 01-06-2007, 09:41 PM   #364
nikos
mezzo forte

Quote:
My jack snapped the other day dropping my car on the ground, has anyone else ever had this happen?

It looked like it had never been used previously & is no in four pieces, I was thinking of sending it back to Ford with any angry letter, not that I think they'd care but it would be good to get it off my chest.
I could have been badly hurt if I didn't always keep the spare under the car when jacking.
I was pulling my wheels off the other day, and I was just about to put the jack under the car when I noticed something. The main pin that supports the scissor lift (in the middle of the X) was snapped, and bent into a C shape! Someone had obviously snapped it, and put the jack back in the boot. Real smart. Lucky I hadn't needed it in an emergency.

Anyways, I needed to get my wheels off so I hunted around and found a nice looking bolt that fitted snuggly where the pin did. Started winding the jack, and about halfway up I hear BANG and the car drops an inch. Scared the SH!T out of me!

I managed to lower the car safely down, and found that the bolt had snapped and bent into the same C shape as the original pin! Talk about a poorly designed jack.

Has anyone else had this happen?
nikos is offline   Reply With Quote