View Single Post
Old 01-06-2007, 09:50 PM   #365
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikos
I was pulling my wheels off the other day, and I was just about to put the jack under the car when I noticed something. The main pin that supports the scissor lift (in the middle of the X) was snapped, and bent into a C shape! Someone had obviously snapped it, and put the jack back in the boot. Real smart. Lucky I hadn't needed it in an emergency.

Anyways, I needed to get my wheels off so I hunted around and found a nice looking bolt that fitted snuggly where the pin did. Started winding the jack, and about halfway up I hear BANG and the car drops an inch. Scared the SH!T out of me!

I managed to lower the car safely down, and found that the bolt had snapped and bent into the same C shape as the original pin! Talk about a poorly designed jack.

Has anyone else had this happen?
It happened to me. Jack looked like it had never been used. The centre thread was in a mess. I thought maybe it was just my jack. First time I've heard this happen to anyone else.

I took the jack back to my dealer and they sent it back to ford and they gave me a new one. Only problem was is that it took over a week to get a new jack. They had to check that it was covered under waranty. :
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote