View Single Post
Old 06-09-2019, 12:26 PM   #136
mick taylor
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Back in the day what car would you buy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Terry View Post
If you can get a download copy of the XR-XY parts catalogue & go to page 224 it gives the details of 4000 US built 250 ci engines fitted during XY production. It also gives details on the blue stripe on the rocker cover.

Dr Terry
But the USA 250 Block is different to our Aussie casting that has a lower deck height to the USA type.

4000 Imported USA 250 engines near the end of the XY run ? I wonder why they would of done such a thing, what their union trouble ? as I can not see anything other that could cause such a thing in late 1971, If i remember correctly early mid 1972 there was union problems at Ford Australia.

The only fully imported 6 cyl in Aussie Falcons were XM-P 200ci that I know of.

The Aussie Ford 6 cyl used the same block for both the 200ci and 250ci from 10 / 1970 XY to 6 / 1976 XB Falcons but in the USA they had one block for there 250ci and another block for there 200ci as the 200 USA block is just the same as our XR 200 block casing.

And our 250 casting was modified with a lower deck height than the USA type so we could use the same casting for our 200 as well.

Not to mention that at the back of the USA Block is somewhat different to our Aussie 250 as well and in relation to the starter motor position, so I find that such is hard to swallow as being correct.

And I can tell the difference between all Aussie Log head 6cyl engines at a glance.
mick taylor is offline   Reply With Quote