View Single Post
Old 06-09-2019, 12:32 PM   #137
mick taylor
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Back in the day what car would you buy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT450 View Post
I had a 250 2v XA 4 door . Cav was correct the motor was Canadian built, it had a twin barrel carb with a water cooled manifold and extractors straight from the factory. It could hold it's own with the 302s of the day too. But if I could go back the XA GT coupe my dad had would be my choice , I spent many happy hours driving that car and just before he sold it , on it's last Bathurst trip, I hit 145mph before I had to brake for a T intersection and ran out of road. It shattered many an L34 owners dreams and my dad drove it like he stole it, even had the constabulary write him out a speeding ticket in our local waterhole way back then.
That's the thing though , all of these cars were great in their era , but on todays congested roads they would be a handful and todays laws just wouldn't let them be the fun they were intended to be, much like many of todays cars. Hey but I am an old fart and I can dream..............
GT450
All our 250 2V were only Aussie built and that's a fact because no USA 250 ever got a 2V head like what we made here that you bolt on the intake manifold and all USA 250 were only the log head.
mick taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: