View Single Post
Old 07-09-2019, 01:53 PM   #140
mick taylor
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Back in the day what car would you buy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Terry View Post
Don't shoot the messenger, Mick. I'm only quoting from the Ford genuine parts catalogue. I'm no expert.

I remember seeing the engines with the blue stripe on them back then. I worked for Legion taxis in Sydney & we had huge numbers of XY taxis, but I had no idea what the stripe indicated until going thru the parts book in recent years.

You are correct about the 250 2V, they were 100% Aussie, not US or Canadian.

Dr Terry
In no way was I trying to that at all but just stating a fact as I know it.

I know you and admire your work Dr Terry.

With 4000 of 250ci only and no 200's ? I wonder what parts it could be, as the 200 and 250 block is the same thing in Aus from XY to XB.

I think that the USA 250 sump bolt paten are different to our 250 as well.

Maybe the USA could of easy whipped up 4000 blocks as they designed them for Australia in the first place.
It's only the X Flow 6 that Australia created with the hand of the USA as well down here.

Every V8 Cleveland Block was imported to Aus until we starded casting our own from 1976.
All of the Windsor V8 engines were fully imported and that ended with the XY.

The setting up of the V8 Cleveland plant in late 1971 may of restricted production of the 6 at the time ? but they were only casting 302 heads and cranks and rods and maybe Camshafts ect and the 1971-2 302 Blocks were all pre bored and honed in USA and ready to assemble here.
mick taylor is offline   Reply With Quote