View Single Post
Old 22-02-2022, 10:37 PM   #657
jakka351

Talking Re: FORD technical service bulletin : ICC touch screen display

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonACT View Post
I taught myself how to build new "FG2 ICC update files" thinking it might be useful (new apps for the peeps) and ran myself through a single package upgrade. Failed - Memory fault. WHAT?! So, it had got through checking, installing, verifying, reboot, verifying everything on the device (had a few issues there, since I've modified quite a bit on my test unit (and in-use unit!) - but I had that covered with a fixer program) and right at the point where it literally deleted all the symbolic links and tried to rebuild them - bang! Memory fault.

After a fair bit of debugging traces (option -vvvvc) I saw it recursively processing directories ending in /././././.

Subtle, I know, a couple of functions (shown here, which is the same on every device I have from 2012 to late 2014) have a bug. They process directories using a variable called symList, but attempt to exclude "." (current directory) and ".." (parent directory) using the variable name "symlist" (no capital L on List) so it gets stuck in a loop and crashes when it runs out of space for the directory name.

Sumitomo must have really hated Ford.

There must be a technical service bulletin for this! I fixed mine, and it completed ok.. There's an override directory where you can copy updated scripts.. but that's in the area which gets unmounted by this very script!! So, I copied a 1 line script there to run the real [fixed] script from where the new mount point is.

Sad though, all those failed updates by Ford dealers. And increasing the complexity for any new package, I make, to be installed - I'm inclined to just "move on".
Might be time to flash over it with something a little bit more user friendly. I am currently trying to load QNX in a virtual machine.

Also this may be useful to some: https://mfa.surdu.me/
jakka351 is offline   Reply With Quote