View Single Post
Old 21-02-2019, 09:35 PM   #53
xeeclipse
Banned

Default Re: The number/percent of old Falcons still registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrZ View Post
Looks like I made a bit of a mistake in my original post. It seems the Fairmont is counted separately to the Falcon. This means that there are 99,216 AU Falcons/Fairmonts still registered, which works out to 40% of the original number sold, not 33% (I thought it seemed a bit low).

With the EF/EL, there are 48,962 (including Fairmonts), not 38,402 as originally calculated. This would mean that 16-17% remain, not 13%.

And with the ED, there are 6607 (approx. 10% left).

The Fairlane has far greater longevity than it's Falcon equivalent - 2061 NC Fairlanes remain which is about 16% of original numbers. 33% of NF/NL Fairlanes remain, which is double the percentage of EF/EL Falcons! And more than 50% of AU Fairlanes, compared to 40% of AU Falcons/Fairmonts.
Too many AU's destroyed through absolute negligence or given away to scrappies due to non existent trade in value.

The pristine gas dedicated ones hurt most :(. Even with the old VIALLE lpg they are the equivalent of a toyota corolla to run and virtually go forever even in day to day domestic use.
xeeclipse is offline   Reply With Quote