View Single Post
Old 18-01-2022, 10:19 AM   #31
prktkljokr
praek tih kl jo kr

Default Re: Dashcam Footage - Bicycle vs Car - George St Perth CBD 5pm 14/2

This is why they are called accidents, I'm sure the driver didn't just see your brother and think I will drive over him, I very much doubt it was a deliberate act, unfortunate for your brother, but unintentional.

Unfortunately when we are taught to drive we are told to give way to our right, so most of our little pea brains tell us is ok to go if we don't see anyone to our right, our pea brains also tell us if anyone comes from our left its their fault so its ok to proceed, we are not taught every day scenarios of what happens if, we are also not taught all the road rules, we are just taught the basics to drive to the law to pass a driving test.

I'm sure the driver was traumatised by the incident, maybe not as much as your brother, but it is the fault of the driver, as the Australian road rules state that a driver has to give way to a bike on a bike path.

You can see that the driver just looked up the hill saw no one and went as most of us would do, it was just unfortunate for this driver Bil was there.
prktkljokr is online now   Reply With Quote