View Single Post
Old 15-01-2011, 04:46 PM   #19
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msford
Hi, first time poster, and first time soon-to-be Ford owner. I am joining the Ford club with a brand new Titanium Hatch. I have been told various stories on it's supply. I'm in NSW, by the way.

I've had dealers tell me anywhere from March to July, however some have said they are getting a February shipment. One dealer has said his Feb shipment is pre-sold. I've reserved a car from his March allotment so I don't miss out again.

Another dealer has said they are expecting a Feb delivery but only in Panther Black or Frozen White (we prefer Moondust Silver).

And another dealer has said he should be able to get me one in Feb but am awaiting confirmation on that.

I don't know whom to believe. I even rang a Melbourne dealer (am willing to fly down and drive it back home) and they reckon they've got one coming but haven't confirmed it with me yet.

Geez, all I want is to drive this thing away. Lol. I am hanging to get one. My friend has an MB and raves about it.

Anyway, that's my first (long-winded) post. Any helpful info is appreciated, especially if any dealer on here can supply me a car before March.
Originally I was going to get a 2010 build with 2011 compliance in the wagon. But I suspect that if there are any wagons coming on the Feb ship, that they are either sold or are going to be demos/Ford cars. If there are, they would all be accounted for, I'd say. No one has indicated to me that the wagons will be on this ship, but I know they will be on the April ship.

You can read more on the dates in this thread, msford: http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...3&page=4&pp=30. Page four is a good start!

It would not surprise me if all the MC Titanium hatches on the Feb ship are taken, because when the MC was released their were no Titaniums. I don't think Ford even had press vehicles. That's a good way to increase demand for the April shipment. If the cars get shipped in April, that is. They may not land here until May, and I think that's the month you'd be looking at.

If you want to get some good info, talk to Phoonfan. Do a search for his user name and send him a PM or call him up - Andrew has been very helpful to me, and others. Andrew is also a regular contributor to this section, and a Forum sponsor. I am getting mine through Andrew, and would recommend you contact him for some clear concise info, without obligation. Andrew might even send me a Tatts ticket for this glowing recommendation!

So, in summary: Feb cars most likely spoken for. April cars, you'll probably get one if you can wait. Although I could be 100% incorrect.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote