View Single Post
Old 16-06-2019, 05:32 PM   #4
AlanD
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Thoughts regards Extended Car Warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by borntoshop666 View Post
Thanks Bundybear75
the Comprehensive Cover with the "Carsales" one would cover Repairs up to the Market Value of the Car. I did read the 18 Pager of the PDS. Some wording is pretty vague, but then so is the one from Ford/Allianz
thanks for replying
I bought a 2 year extended ford manufacturer's warranty - and this means everything except for consumables (tyres, battery, brake rotors and brake pads) is warrantied no matter how much is money is involved in the repairs for the period of the insurance or distance limit.

I would be quite perturbed about that up to the "market value of the car" part, because that "might" mean that the money value of repairs can not exceed the car value in total. It would not take too many things to fail to get to such a limit. And where do they pitch that value? At the beginning of the insurance period, or the end, or an average of the two. Remember, if it isn't written then, in insurance terms, it doesn't exist.

Also, there are quite a number of variations in what allianz offers, but there is only one Ford manufacturer's extended warranty, the others have a lot of cutouts. And the cost is variable as well, because of dealership margins, so it pays to shop around to get a feel for the premium cost.

When I bought mine, the insurance request was vetted through a dealer before acceptance - I suspect they were looking at distance covered to assess the risk factor. Since you are close to the manufacturer's distance limit this could have an effect on getting this type accepted - I had covered less than 23,000 on the car at the two year point in the three year new car warranty.

Good luck

Cheers

Our Drive: Mondeo
MD TDCi Titanium Wagon
Ruby Red

AlanD is offline   Reply With Quote