View Single Post
Old 12-03-2015, 01:47 PM   #6
Binny

Default Re: What to look for second hand Mondeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dlvr View Post
thanks guys, i checked the vehicle out and it seems to be in pretty good nik.
my only concern is the amount of km. at 80k its got to be close to a major service.
the vehicle had excellent brakes so im assuming they have been done fairly recently maybe second time?
does anyone know when a major service is due on the 2.3l petrol and roughly whats involved and price?

Thanks
Majors are every 60k with minors every 15.
Capped service prices are here -
http://www.ford.com.au/ownership/myf...rs/cappedprice
Going by this the next service is at 90k and is $290.
Check the books that the major was done at 60k! And take note of who stamped it. If you are suss have a look at the air filter and see what sort of nick its in. If the 60k service wasn't done properly the filter will still be the one that came in it new and will likely be filthy.

The Mondeo has the best standard brakes I have ever used and they will still be biting hard when the rotors are worn past minimum thickness. So don't assume they have just been done. They have metallic pads that wear the rotors out so look for any evidence in the books that they may have been replaced. That's the only real way to tell unless you pull the wheels off and inspect how the pads and rotors look. You should be able to tell if they are fairly new. (Just thought, as its a Zetec you may be able to have a decent look without taking the wheels off. I can't with my povo pack steelies.)

Good luck.