View Single Post
Old 09-04-2016, 09:57 AM   #7
thefargo
black xb
Donating Member3

Default Re: The Camping Thread

prydey, we have exactly the same tent, although different in colour.
We bought some camp stretchers, like fold up beds, and have found they are good for cold nights as it gets you off the ground, and you don't have to worry about air mattresses etc. Just chuck a sleeping bag on top. We also bought some cheap, plastic tarps to put on the ground in front, otherwise you can drag dirt, mud inside.
Apparently with the tent you have, there is a velcro fly screen attachment for the front, I haven't seen them, but have heard about it, would be good for warmer camping, particularly if you cooked under the front.
We used electrical tape, and put different coloured stripes on the poles to make it easier to match them up, my old eyes struggle with the codes stamped in. we also bought some extra poles for the side window awnings, which help get in extra light, particularly in the front 'room' and allow more air in.
I hope these tips help, send pm, if you wish to 'chat' about this.
I'm not far from you, so if you really needed something I may be able to loan you some stuff. I did make my own 'camping donkey' out of an 18 gall keg, which has been used a lot, great to sit in the camp fire coals.
thefargo is offline   Reply With Quote