View Single Post
Old 26-12-2018, 10:52 PM   #488
sgt_doofey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: The Camping Thread

Thought that I'd give a bit of feedback with my Adventure Kings 60L Fridge/Freezer...

Have used it a few times now, once as a freezer when moving house and a few times as a fridge.
I've been quite impressed with it. It has worked well without any problems so far.
The time I used it as a freezer, set the temperature on -16 and it kept things at that temperature. Have also used it as a drinks fridge whilst away on a little holiday. Kept drinks cold (not ice cold) and it was quite good. Have mainly run it off of the 240V adapter most of the time with a few trips in the car. The time I did leave it in the car on 30+ degree day for an hour or so, it only got up to 6 degrees from 3 or 4 when turned off, so it keeps it's cool pretty good.

As it's a 60L fridge, you can fit a fair bit in there too, so quite happy with that. For the $600 price tag (which included a thermal cover), it'll work quite well for what we'll use it for.

As an aside, I reckon the temperature these fridges report is the temperature of the fridge walls and not the air temperature. Opening the lid for an extended period of times doesn't see the temperature change, so it's not reading the air temperature IMO.

Will have to experiment a bit more to get things like drinks and beers nice and cold (ice cold) from the fridge. Have basically had it set a 4 degrees but that doesn't chill the drinks just quite enough.

I've also gone and put a new tent on layby. It's my birthday next month so have asked the family to get me some BCF vouchers to pay for it.
Link to BCF page...

Looking forward to this one. Nice big one with two rooms, one for the wife and I and one for the kids.
This user likes this post: