View Single Post
Old 01-05-2018, 12:57 PM   #36
Bossxr8
Peter Car

Default Re: Ford Australia’s record $10 million fine for “unconscionable conduct” over dodgy transmissions

Quote:
Originally Posted by andymcgill
I have a 2010 MB Mondeo Titanium which I have had since new. It has had all the symptoms that were mentioned in the court case. Several times I went back to the dealer under warranty with no luck. The problem now is much worse. It surges every couple of seconds and occasionally stalls. This was the first DSG brought to Australia. Next week I will take it back to the dealer and then the ACCC. Never again will I buy a car with DSG.
Sounds like an engine issue more than a gearbox problem. The mondeo’s dsg doesn’t seem to have the same issues the fiesta and focus boxes do cause they are different. Stalling isn’t caused by a gearbox usually.

[QUOTE=EBSXR6]
Quote:
Originally Posted by csv8 View Post
Why wasn't the fault found during testing before it went on sale? Surely, for many kms of testing ?/QUOTE]

I don't think they do the testing like they like they did in previous years.

How many recalls do we see today? Australian cars have had mandatory setbelts for around 50 years, ZB on sale for a couple of months and a recalll for seatblets. ACCC lists 2393 car recalls Toyota 189, Holden 179, Ford 169, Mercedes Benz 156 etc
It seems to be production issues at getrag. Have seen nothing to indicate problems showed in testing, so getrag must have changed something or had quality issues imo.

If anything testing is much more comprehensive now and the protocols are much stricter. And companies can’t get away with the things they used to.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: