View Single Post
Old 03-05-2018, 07:00 PM   #55
roddy1960
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Default Re: Ford Australia’s record $10 million fine for “unconscionable conduct” over dodgy transmissions

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
Unlike Falcon's with Milk shaked gearboxes, rust from near new, broken mixershafts, warping bake rotors, flaking paint, diff bushes.......................

As much as we love our aussie built Fords (and Holdens), they were all built to a price by cost driven American companies. They were hardly a paragon of build quality.

(This from a die hard Falcon man that has taken the rose tinted glasses off).
I've had six Falcons , still got two and I've never had any of those issues other than a bit of rust in the XE but it was a farm owned car . Apparently Mr Matthews the original owner barely ever washed the cow **** from under the guards . Guess where the rust appeared a few years after I bought it . I must be just blessed or something with those other problems .

They were/are XB , XE , EF , AU (still going great) , BA and FG (current as well) . Single biggest issue was an A/C leak in the EF , a dodgy GPS with the BA Fairmont Ghia and an issue with original AU Stereo when it began picking and choosing if it'd read a CD or not .

Not perfect cars but not bloody bad either built to a price or not .
roddy1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: