View Single Post
Old 03-05-2018, 07:11 PM   #56
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 
Default Re: Ford Australia’s record $10 million fine for “unconscionable conduct” over dodgy transmissions

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddy1960 View Post
I've had six Falcons , still got two and I've never had any of those issues other than a bit of rust in the XE but it was a farm owned car . Apparently Mr Matthews the original owner barely ever washed the cow **** from under the guards . Guess where the rust appeared a few years after I bought it . I must be just blessed or something with those other problems .

They were/are XB , XE , EF , AU (still going great) , BA and FG (current as well) . Single biggest issue was an A/C leak in the EF , a dodgy GPS with the BA Fairmont Ghia and an issue with original AU Stereo when it began picking and choosing if it'd read a CD or not .

Not perfect cars but not bloody bad either built to a price or not .
You are right, they were great cars and something the buying public are probably only now realising that they are going to be pretty hard to replace in the years ahead.

Imported or not, all cars have their issues. The reality is, it comes down to how the manufactures react to them and, sadly, Ford didn't own up to the issues and fought their customers until they got taken to the principles office and given cuts.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: