View Single Post
Old 14-09-2019, 07:15 PM   #252
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Grey Nomads - grumpy pains in the ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
I have to agree with Franco.
I've built 3 motorhomes myself playing the ADR game and often see Minnie Winnies, Jayco's etc which do not meet ADR compliance.

Left hand side shore power inlets, hinged backward doors on MH's, leaking rubber roofs, inward open doors etc etc etc. I've seen heaps of manufactured crap. Apart from the usual cheap fit out materials which are stapled together not glued and screwed like most home builder would do anyway.
One reason I build my own.
It'd be good fun making your own van I reckon, the closest I've come was fitting out the electrics on an ex horse transport trailer for Victoria Police, we turned it into a mobile 'interrogation room' - it was semi trailer sized horse transport and we turned it into an office with all the fruit.

If I was gonna have a van, semi trailer size I reckon

Or maybe Snap-on Truck, I was eyeing off our local Snap-on reps truck - has Cummins 5KVA generator, internal lighting and refrigeration AC.

Load it full of batteries and the roof covered in solar panels and you could virtually have an apartment on wheels and take everything including the kitchen sink with you.

Maybe forget shower and crapper - sign up for national gym membership and use their showers and crapper
Franco Cozzo is online now   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: