View Single Post
Old 05-03-2024, 10:18 AM   #41
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Re-Driven's Used Territory homage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordie View Post
The latest gen Kluger has no six plus a fwd, I didn't realise. I was originally thinking older gen with the 3.5 v6 as a substitute for a Territory.
It was only after posting I remembered a few years ago while staying at Majenta Beach (NSW) after Christmas that I hired a Kluger from Sydney Airport and so 4 up including me and all our luggage. As soon as I got out on the main roads it struck me immediately the steering difference and tightness of the Kluger, as in it really surprised me.... it had loose steering and floated like a boat, with just on 3500km..it was my first drive in a long time of another SUV other than our Territory and showed up in a matter of minutes the superior driving dynamics the Terry had...once on the highway then on some lower quality, winding roads that superiority only went up a notch or two....ironically I was given the option of an X5 or the Kluger back at Sydney Airport and it was the first time I ever took the cheaper option, mainly because the X5 needed another half hour to be cleaned and the tribe was restless..
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: