View Single Post
Old 24-04-2007, 10:10 PM   #349
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

I am presuming the airbag light is flashing a code ... mine does it in wet weather as well.

It usually means an open circuit ... most of the time it is due to a dodgy connection with the connectors under the front seats. Either that or the clockspring on the end of the steering column ... but it doesn't look like a spring though.

Other than that it's due to a bad connection or bad earth.

Also heard it can be due to a dodgy connection with the seat belt wiring in the B-pillars as well.

When the airbag light is illuminated ... it means it will not go off in an accident ... at first i though it meant it could go off without warning (breathed a sigh of relief after reading the manual though).

There's a list of about 40 or so codes.

To decipher the code when initiall turning the vehicle on ... example for code 18 ... the airbag jewel will flash once ... then pause ... then flash 8 times ... then pause again and repeat the process 3 times ... then it will stay on solid.

There is an incomplete listing on the forum somewhere (I have seen it ... can't remember where) ... Ford will have the full listing though.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote