View Single Post
Old 30-07-2015, 09:22 AM   #11
snowcone

Default Re: Beware importing a car from the US

I watched their website for ages and enquired about quite a few cars with them.
Every car I asked about from their website was already sold and they asked what i wanted so they could source it for me.
When I think about it, it looks like they are playing the old "bait and switch" game.

It's quite possible, and this is only a theory, but none of the cars on their website could be genuine ones "on their books" and just ones they have sourced from US classifieds to fill up their website to get punters, like myself, in.

Oz Javelin - yes they itemised the fees and said they prepare the cars for Quarantine before leaving the States and offer you insurance, at additional cost, based on the value of the car.
But they don't give you an insurance policy number or details on how to claim and don't answer your questions when you enquire about doing so.
And when the car arrives they say it cannot be released because AQIS has determined it is too dirty and requires additional cleaning and another inspection so you have to pay them for this before they will tell you where the car is. My car was in showroom condition including the engine bay and underneath as it had been restored so when I asked to see the work order from AQIS this what met with a response "what paperwork?"

In any case, the magistrates at QCAT agreed with everything I said and claimed, but they are a consumer toothless tiger so it doesn't count for much.
2002 Ford Explorer

I only drive V8's
snowcone is offline   Reply With Quote