View Single Post
Old 19-03-2012, 10:57 PM   #65
Silver Ghia
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: As Silver Ghia his contributions to the AU and BA technical areas have been of high quality and valuable to the member base. 
Default Re: Outstanding service!!

Had a very pleasant experience today with the 30,000km service on my FG XR50 at Sunbury Ford. Amongst the usual things done, the handbrake was tightened (which I use all the time being a manual) , tyres blackened (must admit I did drive on a dusty dirt road yesterday), car cleaned, couldnt find anything amiss when I got home, the cost was $162 plus the oil which I supplied. Car feels much better for it, plus Dave the service consultant there is a pleasant guy to talk to about things.

A lot different experience compared to my wifes VW Polo which was serviced late last year at a VW dealership, the work done at that service was about the same as what was done today on the FG, but with oil, the cost was $500. I feel ripped off each time that car is serviced, they even told me the wipers needed replacing for $95, which I actually replaced myself about 6 months ago for around $70. They also wanted to replace the brake fluid which was replaced 12 months ago at that place. Dont they have computer records?

Far happier with Ford servicing compared to VW.
Silver Ghia is offline   Reply With Quote