View Single Post
Old 29-03-2016, 04:21 PM   #43
cobramania
FPV BFII GT Cobra No.249

Default Re: New BP fuels additive announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTe342 View Post
Here in Newcastle NSW the 7-11 have Mobil branding (including the old flying red horse) but don't offer a 98 ron fuel. They have a 95 which they market as "Special" fuel. My experience is that it doesn't give any better mileage than than 91 unleaded in my EL XR8 around town running.
Don't know what part of town you frequent, but it must be very limited.

Almost every 7-11 in Newcastle has 98 RON Mobil fuel, it's called Supreme+ & is the Red coloured hose.

The "special" fuel you talk of isn't 95 RON, it's regular unleaded 91 RON, (Deep Blue hose). You don't get any better mileage than 91 unleaded, because you're only using 91 unleaded.

Extra (which is a lighter Blue hose) is 95 RON & then they have Special E10 which is Green coloured hose & is 94 RON.

I've been using Mobil/7-11 98 RON fuel in my FPV Cobra quite a lot over the past 12 months, cause 7-11's seem to be in abundance everywhere I go.
I haven't had a problem with it.

I use BP Ultimate whenever possible, but haven't used a lot over the past 12 months.

Last 5 tanks have been 2 Ultimate & 3 Shell V-Power. I haven't done exacting calculations, just comparing regular similar trips & how often I need to fill up, but I seem to be getting more mileage out of the V-Power than both BP Ultimate & Mobil/7-11 Supreme+ 98?
cobramania is offline   Reply With Quote