View Single Post
Old 13-08-2019, 09:21 PM   #57
K.P.

Default Re: New BP fuels additive announced

Hi Ryeman. I have the flu, might have been Glasurit or Spies-Hecker (I forget) but he had the newspaper article framed on the wall about him and his father's shop (Dawson Automotive in Heidelberg West) being the first shop in Australia. I think a number of body shops quickly followed.

Interested that you use E10...the price difference doesn't equate to the energy density usually. I stupidly put a third of a tank of E10 in my last (yes E10 capable) AU Ghia but that car (and my current) being dual fuel you don't use it as much and it played merry hell with my tank - violent shuddering of the engine a month later on petrol. Was told you'd have to run it out in 2 weeks, and in essence don't put E10 in a dual fuel car.

Petrol's at the bottom of the cycle at the moment but I was advised by MotorActive the Aust. distributors of Liqui-Moly to run it only on petrol (I'd added the full 500ml to just under half a tank of Special 91 and added 3.5 litres more to "swish it down" - wish I'd measured half out 'cos a can does up to 100l, could have kept the rest for next 10,000k but it was a Repco RACV 30% off weekend so just chucked it in - only found out about it weekend before last Sunday AM) and I'm supposed to run a full 1/4 tank then go back to mixed use (rest will keep mixing through over coming months at the right dilution anyway), and it doesn't pay to have too much petrol in a dual fuel car and not driving heaps atm.

The Fuel Lock thing, how does it work? Seen the ads on TV, you take a pic and it's valid a week, yes? Must use it. Won't be topping up for 2-3 weeks though will transition to Special 98+ will be a mongrel mix but over time...

Pretty sure I have a workshop-only Liqui-Moly friction-modifier tube in my diff too, trans/diff guy (Sam at Tech Automotive in Thomastown) he put it in as standard, got the 100,000k diff oil change done early at 90,000k whilst getting another job (car still is only 97k) and rear end felt great on driving out etc, was a few years ago. Can't see it on their website but looked it up at the time. Quality gear.

Last edited by K.P.; 13-08-2019 at 09:38 PM. Reason: typos, added extra stuff
K.P. is offline   Reply With Quote