View Single Post
Old 07-11-2019, 08:54 PM   #13
.:4:.
Kicking back

Default Re: scissor jack safety

The locknut idea isnt terrible, but still in my opinion not for getting under a car. Added safety for changing a wheel maybe. The footprint on the ground of a scissor jack is also a lot smaller. Jack stands arent too expensive. Like all safety gear dont go for the cheapest. Ive heard of failures with the ratchet style. I prefer to use my lock pin style stands getting under a car. My ramps, i cant get my bf up without munting the bumper. I could easily get the ranger up them, but i dont need to work on that. I got a cheap deal at sca for a 2500kg trolley jack and pin type stands that seem to be reasonable compared to the at the time cheap stands they also sold for $50 per pair which didnt exactly inspire confidence. You can paint a thin weld, but its still a thin weld. Yes i do have some of the cheap stands under my boat at the moment with my good ones as i need to work on the trailer axle, but 4 cheap stands and my better 2 holding up 1600kgs, i think thats pretty safe. And also, a hydraulic trolley jack will be much easier on the back pumping it up.
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: