View Single Post
Old 23-01-2021, 09:46 AM   #12
11ford11
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Creating a spare key

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad2 View Post
why would you want a useless clone as it still leaves you with only the one key that the car recognizes ?

have two cars bought with one key for each. i bought keys to match both cars [along with matching chip] so now both cars have three individual keys per car, and it IS so easy to do. blank keys were $24/25.50 for a pair to suit BA/BF. it then cost me $33 per key to be cut [so $66 for two keys cut per car] & then using ForScan i was able to program the keys to both cars which otherwise would have cost me $144 to cut & program thru the locksmiths [not sure if that was per key or not?].

have even swapped upper column over on my wagooon & programmed the keys ... again using ForScan & a laptop.
It leaves you with 2 working keys that start your vehicle
But is only recognised as 1 key if you need to program a replacement engine computer or bcm and the op seems to be looking for the cheapest option and if to expensive you say thank you and walk away

I believe you will find the bf key is the same shape but uses a 4d60 chip but you require a 4d63 chip for the Focus

Don’t know enough about Forscan myself but don’t you need to purchase the extended licence to be able to program keys
11ford11 is offline   Reply With Quote