View Single Post
Old 02-01-2015, 09:51 AM   #46
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Why is it.................?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo View Post
I don't use DIY checkouts at all, even if I've only got one item I'm getting in line and the person behind the counter gets to make small talk with me.

I don't agree with DIY checkouts, its not like the price of the items will come down when staff lose jobs.

Plus it removes some younger kids from earning some $$$ to get their first cars.

It might not be many staff but surely you would be down a few?

Imagine you coming to me and explaining your car has an electrical problem, and then I tell you how to fix it and you pay me and do the work yourself.

Maybe its a training scheme, by the time you hire the pimply faced 14 year old kid, they've already done 5 years of DIY checkouts by shopping with their parents and know how to do it efficiently
I totally agree with the DIY check-outs. It's not like we will see any savings on our end. I feel sorry for the workers/Robots that are drummed by management to guide people towards them. Do they realise that if we all used them, they wouldn't have a job? Nationally these companies, and its not just supermarkets, would save tens of millions. Dick Smith predicted 15 years ago that Aldi will kill Safeway and Coles. They have plans to open more stores in other states now, something like 700 million in new shops.

Speaking of Aldi, I shopped at my store once like 3 years ago. Wasnt at all impressed. The store was dark, boxes everywhere, limited brands ( hit or miss with most of the products) Things have changed now. They stock alot of products locally sourced and from Kiwi land. Why pay $200 for your shopping when you can get the same for $100. Think of it as a free tank of petrol everytime you walk out of the store.
CoupeKing is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: