View Single Post
Old 03-07-2022, 03:03 PM   #1821
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 
Default Re: Petrol Price crisis......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wretched View Post
While I do agree to some extent on decentralising, my question is will it do anything at all to ease any transport issues, or will it make it worse?
I work in the CBD and hate having to travel there when i am not working from home, yes, there are times when actual physical presence is required or far easier than on a Teams chat. There is also the fact some people prefer to work in an office. Imagine I (and a whole bunch of others) have to travel all over the state to various offices when most of it could be done in a day or two in one location? Not forgetting it is far easier for the majority to get to a centralised spot than having to travel to numerous locations (if applicable).

I don't think decentralisation alone is the solution; flexible working and decentralising is a way forward. Not having to force anyone to go to an office 5 days a week is a better solution. Most companies have adopted this (there are outliers but that happens) and leave it up to the employees.

That would mean there is less need for more BS office buildings to be built.
No not intending to eliminate all travel to CBDs but let’s say half of the people were given alternatives, be that flex hours, later starting time hybrid work from home, that would massively improve road congestion.
jpd80 is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: